Please contact the California State Committee on Water, Parks and Wildlife and tell them to vote “no” to the Iconic African Species Protection Act (SB 1175). Below are talking points to use.
- This bill will violate the Endangered Species Act.
- In no way does this bill benefit California’s wildlife or conservation efforts.
- The survival of any of the listed species is not enhanced through this bill.
- This bill is unenforceable and would stretch California Fish and Game’s financial and time resources.
- African Wildlife Departments depend on revenue generated through hunting to conserve these species.