A few reasons why you should give bear hunting a shot:
- Bear hunting helps keep the population at a number where bears and their environment stay healthy.
- Going on a bear hunt is a great way to enjoy nature, get some exercise, and spend quality time outdoors with friends and family.
- For those who find late autumn hunts too chilly, the mild temperatures of a bear hunt might be just right.
- You could be rewarded with wholesome, locally sourced, free-range lean protein which, if handled properly, is excellent to eat!
- Registered Maine guides are happy to bring hunters at any skill level on this true Maine adventure.
- While you are out bear hunting you can scout for other species such as deer or moose.
Youth Bear Hunting Day: August 27, 2022
General Bear Hunting: August 29 – November 26, 2022
Hunting with Bait: August 29 – September 24, 2022
Bear Trapping: September 1 – October 31, 2022
Hunting with Dogs: September 12 – October 28, 2022